Tuesday, April 30, 2013

WIP: Gabriel, Master of the Deathwing

Sam's Corner


I had this metal Deathwing Captain for a while. In fact he's always my Master of the Deathwing when I play my Dark Angels Deathwing army. To me the Master of the Deathwing has always been Gabriel aka Broken Knife. Although he always had a tendency to be greviously wounded in the Turn 2 of most games, he is still a mini that brings back fond memories.

I decided to repaint the whole mini again. Its been challenging as he was also caked with paint and a bad conversion job on the top of his armor. I sculpted in a skeleton on the back to cover up the badly mauled banner section ;)


There are still a bit of highlights I have to do with the sword, robe and armor. But he's mostly done.

I do like the new Storm Bolter rules for the current MoD Belial as he can precision shot on a roll of 5 or 6.

The adding of Fleshbane rule to the Sword of Silence also improved its ability to damage high toughness creatures.

This is the back of the mini. I sculpted on the body and arms of the skeleton resting atop Gabriel's Terminator Armor. This is also to contrast the symbol of the sun or bright halo he has in front. So kinda like a Day and Night representation of his relentless pursuit of the Fallen Angels.

Patlabor Tau Project
I haven't got the Riptides yet. Still awaiting their grand arrival lol!

But I have some minis already in assembly for the moment.

Above are the excellent soldier minis from em4 Miniatures. They will be painted as the Patlabor police personnel in orange, blue and some white. Eldar Guardian there for scale.

And the pic above are the heads from the Gundam range that I will be using for the Riptide conversion ;)

I hope everyone has had a great weekend so far. I've been slowly getting back into painting. And it does feel good :)

Have a great week ahead everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...