Friday, April 26, 2013

Batrep: Dust Warfare 400AP Axis vs Allies

Abby offered to help me with my Fledermaus and painted it up for me. So I had to collect it back so what better excuse to play! 400AP, we both get to test out our lists. 

Mission: Key Positions
Deployment: Force Collision
Conditions: None

My new 400AP list had the following:

Dust Warfare - Force Builder Faction: Axis ( 400 / 400 ) 
 --- Sturmgrenadiere Platoon (229) 
Command Section: Kommandotrupp (25) 
1st Section: Heavy Flak Grenadiers (26) 
2nd Section: Battle Grenadiers (17) 
3rd Section: Recon Grenadiers (17) 
4th Section: Recon Grenadiers (17) 
Support: HPW VI-A "Königsluther" (95) 
Support: LPW I-A "Heinrich" (20) 
Support: Sniper Grenadier Team (12) 

 --- Blutkreuz Platoon (171) 
Upgrade: Improved Command (5) 
Command Section: Sturmpioniere (25) 
1st Section: Axis Zombies (19) 
2nd Section: Battle Grenadiers (17) 
3rd Section: Axis Gorillas (24) 
4th Section: Axis Gorillas (24) 
Support: Horten HO-347.III "Fledermaus III" (45) 
Support: Sniper Grenadier Team (12)

Trying out this list which I felt had a balance of melee, shooting, air control and ground control. Let's see how it goes. 

This building is my objective so I surrounded it with many bodies. Apes ready to pounce ahead

While Platoon 1 hid in the other objective

Sniper 1 taking high ground

Sniper 2 taking 2nd storey

Allies secures building 1 and 2 both of which are his objectives

I break cover and run Fast towards the barricades while the Heinrich follows closely behind

Fledermaus breaks cover and makes a dash for Abby's light walker hiding behind the building

Platoon 1 advances out 

Abby calls in the Long Tom and in the opening salvo took out both my Snipers. Youch! 

This back and forth between the two Heavy Walkers was going to set the pace for the rest of the army

Platoon 1 breaks cover to close in on Abby's jump pack troops who is just behind the crashed Aquila and destroyed Rhino in the forest. I wanted my units to be able to React when he moves out

I took up firing positions where possible, creating an onion layer

Taken 1 point of damage from Abby's first turn, I did 2 points in my first turn

Pushed forward in Turn 2 Command phase. 

Left these two behind to secure my lines and to try to trick Abby into thinking that this was my objective. 

Reshuffled my men around the building

I took 1 damage from the walker's guns and manage to do none in return. 

Blast blast blast-Abby chose to neglect my Heavy and go for this light walker with his Punisher (the Tick)

Long Tom again does it's magic and wipes out the unit of Recon Grenadiers, leaving only the Sergeant behind the barricade

Rhino and team moves up to threaten my Heavy. Abby's mobility was really hampering me, forcing me to react to his game. I could not keep up with his mobile force. 

I split my force, one to take his objective and the other to hold. In theory that should have worked but I think I need to focus on keeping them closer to each other

Fledermaus takes more damage and the Apes take one to the face

"SHOOT HIM DOWN"

Zombies finally go to town

A brave attempt by my Fledermaus. Limping forward on 1 HP, it tries to take down the Walker 4 but failed. 

I moved my Sturmpionere squad up to shoot the Rocket Inf3 but they reacted by flying away. COWARDS!

ROCKET PUNCH! Boom, I lost the tank!

Thus opening them up to Platoon 1

A few shots later they were still in the game. Sob...

Final gambit - I was pretty sure this was one of the objectives by now. I just had to hold with either of these 2 units.

Last turn, Abby moves up his team of 4 guessing that this was my objective. He also moves out of range from most of my guns. 

Through combining a high number of shots into my Apes and Sturmpionere units, this wiped them out thus leaving Abby full control of the buildings in his table quarter. 
Abby captures 3 objectives and I captured 2. Abby wins!

Abby played well forcing me to react to most of his moves. I was unable to control the game and was really trying to plug the gaps every time Abby moved. His flying units was well played, often skirting my guns and going for priority targets. Only way I can think to mitigate this is to cluster my army closer to each other, forcing him to engage a large number of them through reactions. Even then, I can't react to his jump moves so it will have to be by shooting him in return or moving out of range.

The Punisher is a very strong tank. Arm7 with extra shield is powerful. One option is to move my Konigsluther up to 24" and let Penetrator come into play.
Within 24" half their Armour roll forcing the Punisher to roll only 4 dice.
I will have to support this walker with some infantry which can be my Inf3 units. Hmm, looks like some tweaking is in order. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...