Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Contemptor Dreadnought WIP 4






I managed to get 2 coats of paint airbrushed into my Contemptor Dreadnought. After the matte black basecoat, I airbrushed on scorched brown which made my model look like a chocolate followed by bleached bone. As you can see, some areas around the joints I have purposely left black/brown for the boltgun metal colored bits.
I wanted to give the model a richer sense of color depth by doing brown first followed by bone. As you can see the effect is kinda weird. It looks more like rotting flesh/nurgle/death guard color than deathwing bone.
I think tonight I will try remedying this by doing diluted layers of devlan mud in successive layers to build up the tone I’m looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...