Sunday, October 14, 2018

Gamestart - A Time of Legends

Schedule for the day
The guys and me decided to get out and attempt another tournament, this time a 1750 event using ITC Champions ruleset. Zach and the GREX team did a great job of putting us in an awesome location - Suntec City Convention Centre. This was held in conjunction with Gamestart Asia. I love the fact that the ceiling was high, allowing noise to dissipate and made it very easy to communicate with your partner. 

I managed to complete my 1750 list and it looked like this:
Battalion (Blood Angels)
Mephiston
Lemartes
Scouts with shotguns and bolt pistols x4, Sergeant with chainsword
Scouts with shotguns and bolt pistols x4, Sergeant with chainsword
Scouts with shotguns and bolt pistols x4, Sergeant with chainsword
Death Company with boltgun and chainsword x4, with boltgun and power sword, with boltgun and power axe
Stormraven with hurricane bolters
Supreme Command (Adeptus Custodes)
+open the vaults (-1CP)
Shield Captain on Dawneagle Jetbike with Auric Aquilis and Radiant Mantle
Shield Captain on Dawneagle Jetbike with Eagle's Eye
Shield Captain on Dawneagle Jetbike
Supreme Command (Blood Angels)
+Armoury of Baal (-1CP)
Slamguinus: Captain with Death Visions of Sanguinus, jump pack, storm shield, Angel's Wing, thunder hammer
Slamcaptain: Captain with jump pack, storm shield, thunder hammer
Slamcaptain: Captain with jump pack, storm shield, thunder hammer

I may work on another post going through the road to Gamestart. 

Scenario 1: Crucible of Champions
Using the BCP App, my first draw was Nico! He is one of the few people that has always shared similar painting values and we were also keen to do an airbrush session for the guys at T&D before he moved back to France. We both laughed when we were paired up as I have always wanted to play with him. Nico has a really nicely painted army. I think we both laughed when we managed to play to pair up for the first time. 

Side note, I love the BCP app, updating on the fly and real time.It minimizes errors too so please use this app if you're an organizer! 

I chose the following Secondaries:
Mark for Death - Destroyers x2, Immortals, Warriors
Kingslayer - one of his characters
Ground Control 

He chose:
Mark for Death - Death Company, Warlord Shield Captain, Slamguinus, Mephiston
Kingslayer - Lemartes
Headhunter

Both of us laying out our beautifully painted armies!
I loaded the Stormraven with my 6 DC while Slamguinus and Lemartes went into DeepStrike. 
And rammed it straight done the main lines

I sent the Shieldcaptains to the right hoping to wipe out the Necron Warrior unit
Unfortunately I forgot how hard Necrons were to kill.

Under the cover of my Scouts, the SlamCaptains advanced

Necron shooting was nasty, disabling my Stormraven, unleashing the DC into his lines. 
Hugging the terrain piece, I was able to hide them from the bulk of his army. The DC survived and the Slamcaptain managed to destroy a unit of Destroyers (badhumchi).

Turn 3 
By turn 3, I was able to collapse the right flank, folding into his character. Unfortunately for me, he managed to scurry away on 1 wound!

The Shield Captains kept rolling up the right flank
The amazing thing about my list was that it had few models, allowing me to move through each turn very quickly. We managed to get to Turn 5.

Tallying the scores we both managed to tie each other!
Primary: 14 Ray, 11 Nico
Secondary: 6 Ray, 9 Nico
Total: 20-20

Best part of this game was that we both had really nicely painted armies and man, that made such an awesome game. Also, Nico is an amazing and generous player, often helping me when I made mistakes. I hope Nico comes back to Singapore for work!

More to come as I split the day into a few other posts. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...