Monday, August 4, 2008

Spider Marine, Spider Marine, Does Whatever A Genetically Modified Super Human With Spider Powers Can


No, the picture isn't upside down. My marines are :P
(and neither of them are anywhere near completion paintjob-wise XD)

I found these heavy duty magnet strips in a local hardware shop; RM3.90 for 15cm of strip. Doesn't sound like much, but I only used 4mm of the strip to magnetize my plastic marine, so RM3.90 will magnetize almost 40 plastic figures; only RM 11.70 will magnetize 120 plastic figures which is the size of a standard GW carrying case.....

Think about it. RM 11.70 (give/take RM3.90 if metal figs need more magnetic power, which they would I think) and some big metal tin (I have many big metal mooncake boxes, although I know they also sell big metal toolboxes) gives me the carrying capacity of a RM150 or so carrying case. Except that, IMO, its superior - theres no foam to scratch my paint jobs, and no limitation to the base size (notice how the dude next to my marine is on a medium base). I could even magnetize my vehicles if I wanted to since no one actually picks up a rhino and looks at what is under it.....

But either way I've always had to transport my tanks seperately, so this is no drawback =P

Well, its superior to the carrying case as long as no one drops my box. I don't think magnets + metal provide that much protection against dropping damage, unless I up the amount of magnet I apply, which would cost more. Still, even if I use 2x more magnets on my miniatures (which I believe would make it very sturdy), we are still talking about below RM25 here.....

Not bad eh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...