Lore of Fire - The Wind of Aqshy
Special Bonus: Kindflame. If the enemy suffered a wound from a fire lore spell earlier this magic phase, the casting costs of Lore of Fire spells on the same target is lowered by d3. Does NOT stack. All spells from Lore of Fire cause flaming attacks.
- Basic Spell: Fireball: Magic Missile
D6 S4 hits 24" range
2D6 S5 hits 36" range
3D6 S6 hits 48" range
1. Cascading Fire Cloak: Remains in Play, Caster and Unit Buff. At the end of each magic phase, any enemy unit in contact with the caster and his unit suffers 2d6 hits S4.
2. Flaming Sword of Rhuin: Unit Buff. 24" range. Grants +1 to wound and magical flaming attacks.
3. The Burning Head: Direct damage. Draw 18" line from the caster in any direction within the 90 degree arc of sight. Each model touched by the line (determine who's hit like you would do with a cannon ball) suffers a S4 flaming hit. All units that take at least 1 casualty have to take a panic test.
4. Piercing Bolts of Burning: Magic Missile. 24" range. Targeted unit suffers D3 S4 hits for each rank of 5 or more models. The scaled up version is 36" range.
5. Fulminating Flame Cage: Hex. 24" range. Targeted enemy unit suffers D6 S4 hits. If the unit moves by any means, each model suffers another S4 hit and the spell ends. The scaled up version has an increased range.
6. Flame Storm: Magical Vortex. Place the small template within 30" of the caster, It then scatters D6" and causes str 4 hits. The scaled up version uses the large template but scatters 2d6".
Lore of Metal - The Wind of Chamon
Special Bonus: Metalshifting. Direct damage spells from the lore of metal have no strength value. Instead the unmodified armour save of the target is the required roll to wound.
- Basic Spell Searing Doom: Magic Missile. D6 flaming hits, 24" range. No armor saves allowed. Increased to 2D6 at next level.
1. Plague of Rust: Hex. 24" range. Target gets permanent, cumulative -1 to armour saves, 48" range scaled up.
2. Enchanted Blades of Aiban: Unit Buff range 24". One unit gets +1 to hit and armour piercing magical attacks until start of next turn. Applies to both shooting and close combat. Can be extended to 48" range scaled up.
3. Glittering Robe: Unit Buff range 12", one unit is affected, can be expanded to all units within 12" at higher level. Unit gains a 5+ Scaly Skin save for one turn.
4. Gehenna's Golden Hounds: Direct damage, range 12" which can be extended to 24" scaled up. A single enemy model (can be a character) suffers D6 hits. Characters can use "Look Out Sir!" to save them, rolling once for each hit.
5. Transmutation of Lead: Hex with a range of 24. Target gets -1 WS, BS and armour save for one turn. Range 48" scaled up.
6. Final Transmutation: Direct Damage. 18" range. The target is turned to gold; each model in the unit is removed from play on a 5+ (6+ if the model has multiple wounds). The secondary effect forces all units within 12" of the original target to test for stupidity at the start of their turn. 26" range scaled up.
Lore of Shadow - The Wind of Ulgu
Special Bonus: Smoke and mirrors. After the wizard successfully casts a spell, he may switch places with another friendly character of the same unit type within 18".
- Basic Spell: Melkoth's Mystifying Miasma: Pick one enemy unit within 18 inches. Reduce one of their WS, BS , I or M of your choice by D3. The scaled up version reduces all of the above (roll the D3 only once).
1. Steed of Shadows: Character buff. One friendly character within 12" can make a flying move as if in the remaining moves phase (I presume this means no charges).
2. Enfeebling Foe: Hex. Pick an enemy unit within 18" (powered up at +3 to cast 36") reduce their Strength by D3. Remains In Play.
3. Withering: Hex. As above but T rather than S and 3 higher to cast.
4. Penumbral Pendulum: Direct Damage. Draw a line 6D6" from the caster (multiplied by 2 for the powered up version) everyone touched by it must pass an I test or suffer a S10 hit D3 wounds.
5. Pit of Shades: Magical Vortex. Place a small template within 18" of the caster then scatter D6". Enemies must pass an I test or be removed from play if touched. The scaled up version uses the large template and scatters 2D6" (possibly with 36" range)
6. Okkam's Mindrazor: Unit Buff. Pick a friendly unit within 18", they attack with their Ld amount for their Strength. The scaled up version has a 36" range.
- Lore of Beasts - The Wind of Ghur
Special Bonus: Wildheart. If targeted on cavalry, beasts, monstrous cavalry, monstrous beasts (razorgor, giant eagles etc), chariots, Monsters, or any unit from WA: Beastmen, the wizard gains an additional + 1 to cast.
- Basic Spell: Wyssans Wildform: Unit Buff. +1 Strength and Toughness. Scaled up version 24" range.
1. Flock of Doom: Magic Misslle. 24" range. Deals 2D6 S 2 hits. Scaled up version 48" range.
2. Pann's impenetrable pelt: Character/ Caster Buff. 12 " Range. May be targeted on any character, or the wizard himself. Target gains +3 toughness. May be expanded to affect all friendly characters within 12 ".
3. Amber spear: Magic Missile. 24 " range. Resolved like the hit from a bolt thrower. May be boosted to gain S10 and causing D6 wounds.
4. Curse of Anrahir: Hex. 36" range. Targeted unit suffers -1 to hit (melee and ranged). Targeted unit treats any terrain as dangerous terrain, and suffers a wound on a roll of 1 and 2, not only 1. Scaled up version 72" range.
5. Savage beast of Horros: Character Buff. 12" range. Targeted friendly Character gains +3 attacks and +3 Strength until the start of the next magic phase. May be expanded to affect all friend characters within 12".
6. Transformation of Kadon. Character Buff. Remains in Play. The caster BECOMES the creature, not summoned on any board edge etc. Transforms the Caster into 1 of three lesser Creatures.
Becomes the Hydra (similar to DE one), Black Dragon (with Moon Dragon Stats), or a Manticore on one casting roll.
Becomes the Greater Fire Dragon or Mountain Chimera on a casting roll 4 higher.
S7 T7 W10, Fly, 4D6 attacks! Mage has to be on foot.
Greater Fire Dragon
WS8 S8 T8 W8 A8 Ld9, breathweapon S5, scaly skin 2+, terror, fly. mage has to be on foot.
Any lost Wounds are transferred to the new form (so, if the dragon lost 3 wounds, and the wizard is than transformed back, he would be most probably dead).
The Character may not use any wargear nor does he have any benefit from it, and may not cast any spells at the time. He keeps all his special rules, though. So a High Elf would transform into a first strike Chimera for instance.
Lore of Heavens - The Wind of Azyr
Special Bonus: Roiling Skies. Any flier wounded by spells from the lore of heavens takes an additional D6 strength 4 hit.
- Basic Spell: Wyssans Wildform: Unit Buff. +1 Strength and Toughness. Scaled up version 24" range.
- Basic Spell: Ice shard Blizzard. Hex. Anything that uses a BS to shoot has a -1 to hit modifier. Anything that doesn't use BS can only shoot on 4+.
1: Harmonic Convergence. Unit Buff. Any friendly unit within 12" of the caster can re-roll all 1s from to hit rolls, wound rolls, and armour save rolls. The scaled up version is any unit within 24".
2: Wind Blast. Direct Damage. The enemy unit is pushed back D3+1" directly away from the wizard. If the unit hits any terrain it takes D6 S 3 hits. If the unit hits another unit both units take D6 S 3 hits. The scaled up version pushes units back D6+2".
3: Curse of the midnight wind. Hex. Can be cast on an enemy unit within 12". The unit must re-roll any 6's to hit, to wound, or for their armour save. The scaled up version is any unit within 24".
4: Urions Thunderbolt. Magic Missile. The same as 7th edition, but D6 strength 6 hits now.
5: Chain Lightning. Direct Damage. D6 strength 6 hits on a unit within 24" of the wizard. After you determine the results roll a dice on a 3+ you may choose a unit within 12" of the previous unit hit and then that unit is hit by D6 strength 6 hits. This continues until you roll a 1 or 2.
6: Comet of Casandora. Direct Damage. Once cast it cannot be dispelled. The range is 2D6" plus an additional inch for every counter on it. The Damage caused by it is 2D6 strength is 4 hits, but is +1 strength for every counter on it. It comes down on a 4+. If it does not come down place a marker. The scaled up version automatically starts with 2 markers on it. Every turn it does not come down an additional 2 markers are put on it.
Lore of Light - The Wind of Hysh
Special Bonus: Exorcism. If targeted on a undead or daemonic unit, spells from the lore of light deal an additional D6 hits.
- Basic Spell: Shem's burning gaze: Magic Missile. D6 S4 hits to a unit within 24", causing flaming attacks. The scaled up version is 48" range and S 6.
1: Pha's Protection: Unit Buff. Affects one friendly unit within 12", all to hit rolls against this unit have a -1 modifier. All auto-attacks or auto-hits have to roll a 4+ or are wasted. May be extended to all units in 12"
2: Speed of Light: Unit Buff. Choose one unit within 24". It has Weapon Skill 10 and Initiative 10.
3: Light of Battle: Unit Buff. Rally 1 fleeing unit. Targeted unit automatically passes all Leadership tests until casters next magic phase.
4: Net of Amyntok: Hex. 24" range. Targeted enemy unit has to pass a Strength test for each action they want to take (move, shoot, cast spells, pursue, flee, strike in cc, etc.) If they fail they may not perform the intended action and suffer D6 S4 hits instead. Lasts until casters next magic phase. 48" range scaled up.
5: Banishment: Direct Damage. 12" range. Deals 2D6 S4 hits, against which all successful Ward saves must be re-rolled. For each wizard other than the caster using the lore of light within 12", the strength is increased by 1. 48" range scaled up.
6: Birona's timewarp: Unit Buff. Targeted friendly unit doubles its movement characteristic, increases its Attacks by 1 and gains the ASF special rule until casters next magic phase. The scaled up version is for all friendly units within 12"
Lore of Life - The Wind of Ghyran
Special Bonus: Lifebloom. Every time the caster successfully casts a spell from the Lore of Life he can restore a wound to one model within 12”
- Basic spell: Earth blood Wizard and unit gets regeneration 5+ for one turn.
1: Awakening of the wood: Magic missile. 1d6 str4 hit to a unit within 18" of a wood. Or 2d6 strength 5 hits to a unit ipartially or wholly within it.
2: Flesh to stone: Unit Buff. +2 Toughness to one unit within 12”.
3: Throne of Vines: Caster Buff. If this is successfully cast it increases the effect of other lore of life spells made by the caster:
Earthblood is 4+
Awakening of the wood is S6
Flesh to stone is +4T
Regrowth restores d6+1
Shield of thorns is S4
Ignore miscasts on 2+.
4: Shield of Thorns: Unit Buff. Remains in play, friendly unit does 2d6 str3 hits on a enemy unit engaged in combat with it during the magic phase. 18" range.
5: Regrowth. Unit Buff. One unit regains D3+1 wounds/models, just like invocation (champ first, then musician/standard, then rank and file. Characters are selected separately) Cavalry take 2 wounds to heal. 12" range
6: The Dwellers Below: Direct Damage. All models in an enemy unit within 12" take a strength test or die with no saves allowed.
Lore of Death - The Wind of Shyish
Special Bonus: Life leeching. For each casualty caused by lore of death spells, roll a D6. On a roll of 5+ you are granted an additional power dice.
- Basic Spell: Spirit Leech. Direct damage, 12" range. Nominate a model. Caster and Target roll 1D6 and add their unmodified leadership. For each point the caster's result exceeds the targets result it suffers 1 wound with no armour save allowed. The scaled up version has an increased range.
1: Aspect of the dreadknight. Unit Buff, 24 " range. Targeted unit causes fear. Caster may decide to make it cause Terror for a higher casting value.
2: Caress of Laniph. Direct damage, 12" range. Nominate 1 target model. Roll 2D6 and subtract the target's Strength. The result equals the number of hits the target takes, wounding on 4+ and ignoring armour saves. The scaled up version is range 24".
3: Soulblight. Hex, 24 " range. Targeted unit suffers a -1 strength and toughness. The scaled up version is ALL enemy units within 24". Lasts 1 turn.
4: Doom and darkness. Hex. Remains in play, 24 " range. Targetted unit suffers -3 Leadership. The scaled up version is 48" range.
5: Fate of Bjuna. Direct damage, 12" range. Nominate 1 model. Roll 2D6 and substract the target's toughness. The result equals the number of hits the target suffers, wounding on 2+ and ignoring Armour saves. Should the target survive, it suffers stupidity for the rest of the game.
6: The Purple Sun of Xereus. Magical Vortex, Remains in Play. Place the small template in base contact with the caster and roll the artillery dice. Multiply result by 3. The result is the number of inches the template moves. Each model touched by the template, except for the wizard himself, has to pass an Initiative test or is removed from play. No saves are allowed. If you roll a misfire, place the template above the caster himself, roll a scatter dice and 1D6. The result is the number of inches the template is moved away from the caster.
The template moves at the end of each following magic phase, roll the artillery dice and a scatter dice to determine direction and range. If you roll a misfire the template is removed. The scaled up version uses the 5 " template instead.