With this in mind, I started of by creating a list with a ton of Death Company.
|Death Company in progress|
|Extracted some jump packs from other box sets|
|Testing all the weapon combinations for the Death Company - these were magnetized so I had to check polarity as well|
|Managed to get a game in with Marshall to test out the list|
|Broke out the old faithful-Sicaran|
This then forced me to break out the airbrush and work quickly to complete the models.
|The few more models I had to complete in time|
|Slamguinus in the middle of paint works|
|Through some of the games, I realised that I could upgrade the Death Co to Power Weapons so I hacked off some of the built arms for magnetization.|
|Just one of the completed Death Co|
|An afternoon of Scouts|
|This brush proved to be a fantastic buy for $8|
|I paint in batches of 5 as I use a lot of wet paints. This allowed drying time and consistency between models|
|More hacking and modelling as I added to the Death Co|
|One of the lists that I came up with had a Librarians with a jump pack|
This led to me shrinking the Death Co, adding more tanks in the form of Razorbacks and creating a sold anchor. It also altered my playstyle forcing me to consider using more ground based tactics instead of depending on just Deep Strike. Oddly, this meant I was improving as a player.
|Reaching the end stages, I was looking for Scout decals and managed to find them on the Primaris decal sheet|
|Glossed the shoulder pads in preparation for the decals. Flock on too!|
|My fully magnetized Slamguinus|
|Now for the whole crew|
|After a couple of weeks of work, the 1000 point army was ready.|