Friday, June 29, 2012

Dark Angels Command Squad WIP

Here's a command squad I've been working on for my dark angels. I've tried to do some directional highlighting and given them extra attention than I would normally spend on troop type units. Some of the poses have been inspired heavily from the space marine 3rd person shooter game. I was experimenting with the army painter in the game as the ability to test colors is truly more worthwhile than the game itself. The banner dark angels emblem was first penciled in with a draftsman's mechanical pencil and then painted over. Not truly a freehand as I still lack the confidence. This will be cleaned up later. Anyhow, most of the primary colors have been applied. Details & basing will be followed after. Thanks for viewing!

3 comments:

  1. I love how it's coming together Jay. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good looking squad, and I think that still qualifies as freehand (doesn't have to be all brush!)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...