Monday, April 23, 2012

Tomb Kings Necropolis Knights commision by 'The painting shop world'


Kelvin from thepaintingshopworld is at it again! Need someone to paint for you or simply for those cool custom sponge boxes hit him up!
Been busy with another commission painting job, and finally got it all done. Its Tomb Kings Necropolis Knights!
It was my first time painting anything from Warhammer Tomb Kings army and I am just as excited to getting started when I received the job. It’s also the first time in my years of painting that I painted so much gold, haha. Tomb Kings Necropolis Knights!
Tomb Kings Necropolis Knights
Tomb Kings Necropolis Knights
Tomb Kings Necropolis Knights packaging
At first I thought the gold painting would be a difficult challenge, but it was easier than I expected. I used Vallego’s Gold with a little mix of Citadel Sunburst Yellow. The little amount of yellow was added to ensure a smoother mix and flow of the paint when painting over a bigger area.
After that it was washed with Citadel Seraphim Sepia. Then followed by a mix of Citadel Mithril Silver and Vallego Gold for highlights.
Yap, I am still using my existing old GW’s paints. Guess my switch over will be slow and progressive. Bought some of the new shades and compound, have not really tested it yet.
Still the Tomb King was a nice painting experience and I enjoyed it truly. Just as I was painting the Knights that week, my local TV was showing Brandon Frasier “Mummy Returns”, it sure kept the mummy mood on the ball and I was off to painting the knights after that, haha!
Anyway, now its time to sort out some of my painting, my Wyches are calling me again… haha! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...