It is the end of Month 2 for the Slowburn League at Titan Games and this time we had the opportunity to participate in a Games Day. This was held in conjunction with the Campus Game Fest held over at ITE Central. Starting at 12PM, we broke off into groups of 2. Owing to the size of the venue, each 2v2 grouping only had 4x4 play space. It was a little cramp but overall it turned out excellent.
Keeping the games simple, these were the rules we played to:
- 500 points per player. This army must be fully painted with completed bases.
- Armies should be composed using detachments or formations found in the main rulebook or faction specific books.
- Two Rounds of games with random pairing per round (i.e. you will be playing with a random player each Round). Pairing will be drawn out of a hat.
- You will be playing two of the six Maelstrom Missions from the main 40k Rulebook. The mission will be randomly determined on the actual Games Day itself.
- The pair will score and are treated as one individual throughout that pairing.
- The pair will nominate a Warlord for that Round and declare it to the opponent.
- For the duration of the pairing, both players share Maelstrom Mission Victory Objectives and Points.
- Faction restrictions remain the same (e.g. Come the Apocalypse remain Come the Apocalypse – all restrictions remain).
- Power Dice for the Psychic Phase will be determined based on 1D6 and this will be shared by the pair.
- For the purpose of the 2v2, the pair will use the Tactical Mission Objective cards instead of the faction specific cards.
- Win: 3 points, Lose: 1 point, Draw: 2 points. Tie breakers are determined using the difference in Maelstrom Mission Victory Points so do keep track of your round scores and report it to the Organizer.
1. Wei Ming
2. Samuel Kan
3. Mark Ong
4. Edward Goh
6. Timothy Dorville
8. Charles Lee
9. Raymond Tan
10. Marshall Sim
11. Rico Chia
12. Melvin Cheng
13. Alan Maybury
14. Tze Min Lim
With 14 players, it meant 2 players had to duke it out as a 1v1 which turned out to be excellent. It created a scenario where you need to bring balanced lists!
Here are some pics of the event and some of the games I played in.
The first mission was Contact Lost, forcing us each to capture Objectives in order to generate more Tactical Objectives
|The table to my right had Rico (Necrons) and Sam (Nids) paired up against Marshall (IG) and Edward (Chaos)|
|More games at the back with White Scars by Zim vs Necrons by XY. Not too sure who were the others.|
|Rico as always pulling out best painted stuff! So sickly sweet!|
|We played on Table 1 and this was aptly named. We kept rolling ones.|
|Glorious last stand by Librarian Xavier (Charles Xavier, get it? X-Men reference right there)|
The second mission was The Spoils of War, where each side will "share" Secure Objective cards, effectively allowing you to "steal" the opponents' Tactical Objectives.
|Tim and I decided to play the Refused Flank strategy and went for the objectives from turn 1.|
|Behind me, Zim was playing with Melvin and Charles was teamed up with Defeng|
Brother Hiron's unit disembarked from his Drop Pod together with Sergeant Gorro. It was deep in enemy territory and he had a desperate mission. Gorro opened fire on the Chimera hidden behind the ruins and managed to take it out with his Combo Melta. Subsequently, the Guardsmen realised the threat and opened up on the unit, taking everyone out except for Hiron. Brother Hiron threw himself through the wall, punching through the broken door and came face to face with the enemy Warlord. Picking himself up, he fired with his Bolt Pistol and let out a resounding shout to the Emperor and charged right in. Sanguinus was with him that day. He struck true and felled a Guardsmen. The enemy was caught surprised by the moment and having seen what the embodiment of the Emperor could do, quaked in their pants. The enemy Warlord would have no more of this and fled the battlefield. Brother Hiron picked himself up, leaped up to take cover in the ruins. Mission was a success.
Brother Hiron's actions managed to secure the Tactical Objective twice and scored my team 3VPs for Slaying the Warlord. A true hero.
|Brother Calistus joined up with the Wolves to provide some good Feel (No Pain).|
It was an awesome day. Not only we managed to play with different people, but the hall was full of other gaming goodness. I hope you guys all felt the same way too!
750 points for next month! I will be working my lists to play at the 1000 point Games Day we will be running at the end of Month 4 so stay tuned!