Monday, March 5, 2012

Tyrannofex/Tervigon and Savage Orcs WIP

After 2 years of waiting and looking at various conversion pictures of Tervigons and Tyrannofex (I even considered getting the Forgeworld Barbed Heirodule to proxy for the Tyrannofex), the model is finally out. So I went straight down to my LGS and picked up a model. Opened it when I got home and took a look at the sprues. Nicely shrink wrapped. 

You can spy from the sprues that the sacs at the tummy is actually put on at the end.

Instructions further reinforce this. I will build two as Tervigons and another as my Tryannofex. Now waiting for the models to come in through a cheaper source.

All the while, I have been working on my Savage Orcs for my Orc and Goblin army. This is still Level 1 (i.e. tabletop standard). While they lack the secondary and tertiary highlights, it is good enough for our campaign.

I am really enjoying painting these guys. Easy too with my technique of washes and Foundation paints.

And if you look at the back of this unit, you will a sneak peak at other units I am currently working on.

6 comments:

  1. The Tervigon kit looks really packed with goodies :)

    Them Savage Orks are coming along nicely too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Built the tyrannofex and im doing the tervigon tonight, found the front arms to be a pain to hold in place, they always seem to want to move and annoy me, so be wary of them when you make yours

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ray, I want you to know I'm proud of you for getting back into your nids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am the stone that builder refused
    I am the visual, the inspiration that made lady sing the blues
    I'm the spark that makes your idea bright
    The same spark that lights the dark
    So that you can know your left from your right

    I am the ballot in your box
    The bullet in your gun
    The inner glow that lets you know
    To call your brother son
    The story that just begun
    I am the promise of what's to come

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...