Friday, March 30, 2012

Dark Angels - age of the emperor: Storm Hawk wip 2

Been a really hectic week at work so my updates have been falling behind. While painting this model, the more I held it and studied the shapes, the more I was not pleased with the turret shape/positioning.

I went back to the AOTE PDF and reread the wargear with a cold glass of sake (japanese rice wine) and eureka!!! I got hit with another idea to revamp this. Funny how alcohol brings out the creative side of me...

I've decided to swap out the entire storm raven turret mount. It looks to bulbous and does not mesh well with the overall design of the storm hawk. My idea is that the storm hawk should fill in the evolutionary gap between thunderhawks and storm ravens. I wanted the turret to be sleeker similar to the turbo laser found on top of thunderhawks.

Below are some pics to show some comparisons with the redesigned turret.






4 comments:

  1. I love it Jay. It looks awesome! Have you seen Normandy from Mass Effect 3? That ship looks hot but maybe a little too Tau-ish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man. Yeh I seen the Normany from ME3... it does look really cool but you're right with that being more suitable for tau.

    I think part of the greatest enjoyment of converting models is that I keep on getting new ideas to make it better... juggling between options but as a general design rule, I try to keep it clean as less is more... thats why i removed the tumor of a turret... (the original storm raven one)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly like your design better. I just sent you a Facebook message with another design too. Looks awesome.

      Delete
    2. I want that side strutting rear landing gear...

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...