Filing in for this battle report. With the end of Shield of Baal Campaign, the gaming group is back to playing normal 40k missions. After building his Dimachaeron, Ray was anxious to test his new bio-morph in game. Bringing my SM force as they are the only ones that are close to 100% WYSIWYG. After playing exclusively with the iron hands chapter during the campaign, I decided to go back playing the Raptors chapter.
Leviathan List 1850
- 2* flying Hive tyrant with TL devourers
- 3* Carnifex with TL devourers in pods
- 1* Dimachaeron in pod
- 1* tervigon
- 5*3 ripper swarms units
- 4* tyrannocytes
|Ray's Hivefleet Leviathan|
- Lias Issodon
- Mortis Contemptor with 2* kheres assault cannon
- 5 sternguard with 4* combi melta
- 6 Tac sqd 1*plasma gun , melta bomb in las-plasma razor back (wanted to use TL assault cannon but forgotten about it)
- 6 Tac sqd 1*plasma gun, melta bomb in las-plasma razor back (wanted to use TL assault cannon but forgotten about it)
- 10 Tac Sqd in drop pod 1*melta gun , 1* multi melta
- 2* storm talon with TL assault cannon & sky hammer launcher
- 2* rapier laser destroyer
- 3* centurions with 2* grav, 1* lascannon + omni scope
- Culexus assassin
|YC Subtle grey Raptors Chapters|
- Maelstrom mission 2 - Contact lost
- Nids seize fail.
- Raptors goes first.
|Raptors drop pod right into the midst of tyrants|
|Raptors prepare to unleash their firepower|
|Infiltrating Raptor marines securing objective|
|Hive tyrant (warlord) suffer 3 wounds from Lias Issodon ability|
- Drop pod Raptors marines shot the hive tyrant with melta and bolters, killing it -first blood.
|Raptors score 4 VPs in turn 1|
|Gaunts eyeing the Culexus|
|Gaunts flesh borers took 1 wound off Culexus|
|Tervigon charge the infiltrating centurions|
|Nids didn't score any VP.|
|Raptors reserves came in|
|White scar bikes are proxy rapier laser destroyer (forgotten to bring mine to store)|
|Raptors score 1 VP in turn 2|
|The Dimacheron drop in next to the Raptors marines that killed the hive tyrant|
|Carnifex drop into the centre to deal with Raptors front line|
|Rippers securing rubbish dump objective 5 LOL|
|Skaven Dice! WARP STONE POWER!|
|TAC objective draw by nids in turn 2|
|Nids achieved 1 TAC objective in turn 2 after downing a storm talon|
|Centurions with hex to WS/BS lose combat against tervigon|
|Culexus uses its Animus Speculum on the carnifex in the centre battlefield|
|Centre of battlefield on turn 3|
|2nd tyrant was shot down by the mortis dreadnought and razorback|
|Raptors score 5 VPs in turn 3|
|2nd carnifex drop in the centre left of battle field|
|Nids turn 4|
|Surviving gaunts rush up the stairs to capture objective 3|
|Dimachaeron gasping talons drag the 2 marines to their grisly death|
|3rd carnifex climb up the gangway to reach Lias Issodon|
|Raptors score 6 VPs in turn 4|
|The battlefield in turn 5|
|Lias Issodon surrounded!|
|The Carnifex stand triumphant on the top of the building|
|Nids secure objective 3 after Lias Issodon fell|
|Nids achieved TAC Objective in turn 5|
|Nids boxing in the Raptors|
|Solo marine charge the rippers to protect the vital objective|
|Raptors score 1 VP in turn 6|
|Dimachaeron prepare to pounce on the mortis contemptor|
|Nids converge on the surviving Raptors elements|
- Surviving Raptors elements - Storm Talon, Razorback with 6 marines.
|Nids achieved 2 VPs in turn 6|
- Game continue to turn 7 after dice rolled.
|The battlefield on turn 7|
- The lone carnifex failed its instinctive behaviour and could not shoot.
- The 4 tyraanocytes wrecked both the storm talon and razorback.
- Dimacheron was too far from the Raptors marines.
|The 6 surviving Raptor marines|
- The surviving Raptors marines passed their pinning & disembark from the wreck vehicle.
|Hivefleet achieved 4 VPs in the last turn|
Game end on turn 7.
Leviathan (nids) - Raptors (SM)
11 - 19
Raptors (SM) Victory!
SM won this mainly due to the mission catering to the Raptors chapter maneuverability further enhanced by Lias Issodon warlord trait and his "infiltrate, isolate & destroy" ability to weaken the nids main threat/synapse. The Dimachaeron could have change the outcome of the game if it was drop closer to the Raptors.
Now to paint more mehreens!