Monday, May 12, 2014

Batrep: Altansar Eldar vs Astra Militarum 1850

Just finished a game with Abdullah over at PI Midpoint. 1850 of Eldar vs Astra Militarum. I brought my usual list comprising the following:

HQ
Farseer: Jetbike, Witchblade, Runes of Witnessing
Farseer: Jetbike, Witchblade, Runes of Witnessing

Troops
Dire Avengers x5: Wave Serpent (TL Scatter Laser, Shuriken Cannon, Holo Fields)
Guardians x10: Wave Serpent (TL Scatter Laser, Shuriken Cannon, Holo Fields)
Guardians x10: Wave Serpent (TL Scatter Laser, Shuriken Cannon, Holo Fields)
Jetbikers x3
Jetbikers x3
Jetbikers x3

Fast Attack
Warp Spiders x8
Warp Spiders x8

Heavy
War Walkers x3: Each armed with Bright Lances x2
Wraithknight: Heavy Wraithcannons x2

The Altansar army gathers for war



Rolled for Forewarning, Perfect Timing and Guide for the Warlord. Managed to get iItimidating Presence 

The other Farseer got Scriers Gaze, Prescience and Fortune

Abby brought the Armoured Company above. 
 Abby is a quick painter and has raised many armies. This is one of those.

Mission is the Scouring

Deployment is Dawn of War with Night Fighting in Turn 1 (rolled it)

Deployment

The Altansar left flank

Holding the middle ground with the Wraithknight

Abby managed to ping off one HP from my mid-Serpent carrying the Guardians. 
Unfortunately Abby was quite unlucky on his first turn and many of his rolls were either misses or could not penetrate the armour.

Abby managed to kill off one of the jetbike through this sliver! 

Turn 1 saw the Eldar advancing cautiously while trying to stay out of range from AM's guns on my right flank. 

Managed to kill off 2 Guardsmen
Turn 2
Abby dropped his Veterans to prepare to capture the objective on top of this building which was worth 4 points. 

Valkryie flies in targeting the Wraithknight

While everything else opens up on the Wraithknight. I took 2 wounds

Abby managed to blow up one Serpent despite my Holofields and Serpent Shield. 

In my turn I moved my tanks slightly to the right to tackle the flyer. The 2nd Farseer arrived from Reserve together with a Jetbike unit. I then moved my Warlord unit to join the unit. 

Warp Spiders dropped in behind the Guardsmen but only killed 4. Battlefocussed out of the way

Turbo boosted up the Bastion to capture the 4 point objective

Abby moved his Flyer into middle field and spun the Chimera around

Punisher spun around took out the Spiders for First Blood

Leman Russ took out the unit of Jetbikes with Farseers. Abby scores Slay the Warlord
This was obviously massive swing for Abby. He has 2 points and I have no way of getting First Blood. I knew that I had to focus on the objectives.

All my other units enter from Reserve. The War Walkers entered the table from the left and I sent a Jetbike unit behind the Bastion in the middle to capture the 2 point objective. Unfortunately I tried to deepstrike my 2nd unit of Warp Spiders behind his tanks on my right flank and scattered into his tanks. I rolled on the Mishap table and got a "1". They died before even entering the game. 
In Scouring killing off Fast Attacks score you points. Abby had scored 2 extra points! He was now on 4!
Focussed my fire into his Warlord and took both the Warlord and squadron member

Wraithknight moved mid field

Destroyed the front tank from the squadron but failed my charge rolling a 3! 
Turn 4
Abby channeled more fire into the Wraithknight taking another 4 wounds off

The last shot from the Guardsmen behind the Aegis Line took out the last wound killing off the Wraithknight

Took out the squadron member. I just took this photo later

Shot my bike forward to capture the 3 point objective

No one captured this one

Scored the 2 point objective

Scored another 4 points

Abby holds 2

Final 3 point objective
Final score:
Abby: 4 + 2 = 6 VP
Ray: 9 + 1 (Slay the Warlord) = 10

Unfortunately Abby had to run off to get home so we had to call it at Turn 4. This was a hollow victory since we didn't manage to finish the game and I had the knowledge that the game was being called at the end of the 4th Turn. I am sure if the game went it's course, it could have swung differently.

One thing of note is that I am struggling to deal with Armour 14. The abundance in the AM now does raise some concerns. Worth looking into. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...