Friday, March 28, 2014

Eldar Scorpion Grav Tank Build

Apocalypse game this Saturday! 

Work continues on my Scorpion. This time I chose to magnetize the turret for safer transportation. I ordered KR foam to protect it but there's quite a bit of room between the turret and the topper so I didn't want to risk it moving hence the magnet. 

Snipped off the stub and replaced it with a sheet magnet. There's another magnet in the recess of the Scorpion

To mount this tank, I chose a short screw with a rounded top

Used this screw and nut

Attached the nut to the base. 
Test fit with the model to gauge the strength of the bond

You can just about spy the arrangement of the nut and screw.

Just another angle
I have also just added sand to the base and have just sprayed it black. Will be waiting for it to dry before drybrushing it. I will be adding small bits to the base to conceal the nut but am not too concerned as the model hides pretty much everything under it's shadow.

Begun working in the panel lines to tank as well. Will post an update when ready. 

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Mordian! I am so glad I got that airbrush. Made working this tank a heap tons easier!

      Delete
  2. Hum. Does the model come with its own base, or did you make it yourself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's home brew Ghazz. I went to get an oval base from my local art store.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...