This is how i do my fur
1. matt black
2. airbrush belly & insides of legs codex grey
3. airbrush top part (darker color of wolf) in adeptus battlegrey * use low pressure to get a highlight effect. he point is not to block out the matte black underneath!
3. airbrush belly & insides of legs in bleached bone * use low pressure for highlight effect.
4. wash the entire model in devlan mud
5. highlight the entire model BY HAND WITH BRUSH with bleach bone. Varying strengths of colors can produce a nice variation for the fur coat tones in a real wolf pack
*low pressure on the airbrush compressor means anywhere from 1-1.5 lbs per psi*