I am close to completing the Crimson Hunter. I tidied up all the overlapping paint from each of the blocked colours. I took a sharp tipped brush and used the Red Wash to get into the panel lines to create shading. I also used Screamer Pink to highlight some of the panels. I then went back with Astronomican Grey and highlighted most of the black panels and cockpit.
While it looks alright to game with at the moment, there are a few things I would like to work on to improve the model. That would really make it 100% satisfied:
- Wash the panel lines with Black Wash to create darker recesses
- Completely highlight the black panels with Astronomican Grey
- Completely highlight the Bleached Bone panels with Bleached Bone + White mix
- To finished thin lining/highlighting the Crimson Panels with Screamer Pink
- To inscribe the Craftworld symbol
- To attach decals
- To complete the base
7 more steps to complete the model! This is usually the most fun bit but also the most technically challenging part.
|Panel lines are a little weak, both the shade and the highlights. The black panels come out good though|
|Feel that by adding the darker panel lines I will improve the model's appearance|