Friday, July 12, 2013

Eldar Farseer on Jetbike Conversion

I finally found my stash of Eldar hidden in the deepest recesses of my store-room. They have been in the Warp for close to 10 years now and the quality of paint my paint job is showing. Some of the conversions I had were quite bad too. 

In building up my 1750 list for the game against CrazyRat, I have created an roster and one of key components in that roster are my jetbikes. +1 Toughness is nothing to scoff at. Add the ability to zip around the battlefield fast to cap objectives and pose considerable firepower is something I am looking forward to. 

In the list I have a Farseer mounted on a jetbike. Looking through my stash I found one such model!
That cape looks horrid! 
Excuse the paint job. I will be repainting most of my Eldar collection. I like the aggressive nature of the model, the spikes and of course the semi Corsair look. All except that cape. So I took a pair of clippers and trimmed it all off. Rummaged my bits box and came up with a suitable cape. It was the spare cape from my High Elf Archer set.

New cape. I even managed to add a nice icon on his jetbike canopy to distinguish him from the other jetbikers

The new cape just flows smoothly. With the gems, the design stays constant with the rest of the model


2 comments:

  1. what is the name of that awesome singing spear / lance arm?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's actually a High Elf Dragon Prince arm. The one from the metal blister before they moved it to plastic

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...