Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Dust Warfare Tournament - Game 2

In the second round of the tournament, I was teed up with Fauzi who brought a very mobile infantry 3 list comprising Tank Hunters x2, Action Jackson, Sniper and a few other periphery units. Read on! 

Mission: Key Position
Deployment: Close Engagement
Conditions: None


Went for a rather heavy left flank while Fauzi spread his army a little wider as he has maneuverability 

Fauzi moves some of his army up to threaten my Ludwig and Heinrich

I chose to deploy everything tightly wrapped around the ruins and flanked by my walkers. I had selected my terrain pieces and I knew Fauzi would come at me so I kept my fast unit ready to react but otherwise will slowly pick his units using my snipers and walkers

Fauzi is quite an aggressive player so pushed most of his units up front. I wasn't too sure splitting his army into 2 was a good idea but he should know his army the best

I sent my Gorillas up front to try to kill off some of his Tank Hunters. They fluffed everything. 

Zombies went up on the left hand side and also managed to fluff everything. Wow.

I like those Suppression tokens Fauzi used. Close up of some of the ape action

Just another shot of the action taking place

Here I just planned to take out his units by pouring in as much fire as possible into each of his units hoping to break them (suppression>models=auto flee)

Fauzi decided to just pour fire into my apes but they held. Remarkable.

Taking cover in the ruins, the HQ squad managed to take out a Tank Hunter squad. Wow! 

While this unit of Battle Grenadiers held their ground and just opened up round after round into that unit across the field. 

Fauzi planned to use his walker to suppress and take out my units but being behind hard cover meant that most of the hits just bounced off the cover. Phew~! 

In return the Ludwig did it's thing and managed to take out his walker in one salvo. The freed up my Battle Grenadiers to move mid field after they removed the last Tank Hunter squad (out of the picture)

In the middle I kept using my solid core to pelt at his Infantry 3 units. I managed to remove another Tank Hunter squad but lost my apes

Knowing the game was in Turn 3, I send my Blutzkruez HQ unit to capture my objective on the left while still holding my centre objective

Switching gears, the Battle Grenadiers advanced into the forest to try to wrestle the objective off Fauzi. I was pretty sure it was the crumbled down tower in his table edge. 

While moving up, they kept putting pressure on Fauzi's last man who was fleeing

With his depleted army, I pushed forward as fast as I could to contest his objectives

Go go Germans! 

With only 2 men left on the table, I poured all the shots I had into the guy on the tower.

And all the while I advanced my army into his table half

He managed to take out my Ludwig in his last turn but with my entire army at his doorstep, I took out his remaining units. Revealing the objectives, I actually managed to capture 2 of his which were the forest on the left above and the ruins next to my walker. So that was 4-0. 
This game gave me the win that I needed to contest for the title of Champion for the tournament. Knowing I was in the game again, I was pumped for the 3rd Game.

Stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...