Sunday, February 27, 2011

Dark Angels WIP

Hey all,

Thanks to enrgie and j-hova for the invite to join up in the latest painting challenge :))

I've managed to do some work with my DA Tactical Squad. The before picture is just too sad to post, so i'll just link the pic here. Most are older marines that were paint stripped (none too successfully).

Below are some progress pics of the Tactical Marines undercoated and painted Dark Angels Green. I also put a coat of Badab Black wash on.


Here they are almost done. I'm gonna try to base them.


The highlights were done using 50/50 mix of Dark Angels Green and Snot Green. Then further highlighted with a thinner line consisting of a 50/50 mix of Snot Green and Skull White.


Yup, thats the boys in green thus far ;)

Happy painting guys!
Read more ...

Friday, February 25, 2011

Conversion - Tyranid Prime

Jason and I have committed to a 1 week showdown. To encourage each of us to put time into building our armies, we have committed to building and painting a model this week. It will go on for a few weeks so anyone is welcomed to join in! Just commit (to yourself just as much as us) and you will be part of the weekly reports!

I am committing my Prime Warrior which was converted from the standard Nid Warrior with home-made Boneswords. I took the swords from Ogre Bulls from the Fantasy range and snipped them so that they join in with the Spinefist arms. I then covered the joins using greenstuff, plastic cement and a spare armour plate. The result is what you see here.

Did a forked tail in liew of the bigger creatures

Roar! 
Read more ...

librarian dreadnought conversion part 2

Basic build/conversion is near done. Next is adding the dreadnought bling. I found my rune blade from some old onimusha weapons toys. The sword is perfect with the tibetan sanskrit text on the blade also the hilt has a heavy buddhist design. I plan on adding some sort of shield to the left arm.














Read more ...

Thursday, February 24, 2011

librarian dreadnought conversion

this is how it should be done, cuz this style is identical to none







Read more ...

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

o-so-furious dreadnoughts WIP part 2

Here is part 2 of the dreadnought madness that’s been happening on my work bench. Instead of buying FW twin-linked auto-cannon arms, I opted for the cheaper way of using the turrets supplied with the aegis defense line kit. I added shielding panels from the fortress of redemption or bastion kit (I forgot) and added after-market rivets to give it a more heavy duty styling. These panels were then magnetized for both ease of painting and storage.
My aim with the blood angels army is to create a highly customized mech force. Everything will be wysiwyg if I can help it. All tanks will be decked out with FW parts. Ultimately I aim to have my army stand out compared to other blood angels.
The fun thing about GW modeling is it’s not just about buying the kit of the most powerful units in that army. If you put some thought into the build, you can truly immerse your mind into the 40k universe.







Read more ...

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

o-so-furious dreadnoughts WIP





I'm getting really fast at finishing up dreadnoughts and articulating them. I have been working on 3 dreadnoughts at once as I find assembly line style building/painting system to be much more effective in terms of turn-around time. Death co. & librarian dreadnought coming soon. You can see the exploded parts for my librarian dreadnought. I want this model to be armed with some sort of ruin sword, axe or staff as a force weapon. While contemplating this build, I feel libby dreadnoughts should have more articulation to be able to wield melee type weapons.
Read more ...

Friday, February 18, 2011

Monday, February 14, 2011

Weekend of Blood Angels

1 stormraven done, 2 more to go













Read more ...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...