Thursday, May 23, 2013

WIP: Savage Orc Warboss at Level 4

Took some time last night to put the final touches on my Savage Orc Warboss. I had already got him to Level 3 for the game on the weekend. Applied the final highlights to each an every one of his elements. Started with the skin and I used Necrotic Flesh from Army Painter to highlight all the bits of taught skin. Finished the bone with Bleached Bone. Highlighted the leather parts with Snakebite Leather. Even put on some blood specks on his stone weapon. I hope you guys like it! 

Full frontal please Mr Orc. I haven't done the tattoos yet. I am not sure I want to tattoo all my Savages like GW

I think he looks kinda nice don't you?

Waaaaaghh! 

Weapon looks like dinner from the Ogre Kingdoms

Trophy rack and the head of the latest Dark Elf warhost hehehe

As promised, I began work on the unit that really was my star in the previous game with Tet Hong. I used the plastic Warhammer movement tray from the 90's as a base.

I had a ton of these from the 90's and am no longer using them as I found my own method works better both in game and on the pocket. Handy step by step tutorial right here.

Using the smaller movement tray from above, I inserted backing board (simple cardboard will do but you have to premeasure the thickness to ensure that the model will sit flush to the top of the movement tray). I stacked two layers of backing board and then glued my Doom Diver on with a bit of Zap-A-Gap. I then based it with sand before basecoating the entire model with Chaos Black.

Drybrush the entire base first as it is the most messy process.-Snakebite Leather followed by Bleached Bone. I then hit the wooden parts with Scorched Brown. The leather parts I hit with Snakebite Leather followed by a heavy wash of Devland Mud. 

All Goblin skin was hit with a basecoat of Knarloc Green followed by a liberally thin wash of Devlan Mud

Let the washed model sit dry. I will come back to it soon. 
There you have it guys, focus on small chunks of your army. I have a huge huge huge collection which I am afraid I will never finish. In fact, last weekend I got myself a huge bunch of Orcs and Goblins as there was a sale at my LGS. However, by using this slow burn games that we are doing, it helps me focus on the models which I have to get ready. In my 1500 list, these few models will continually make an appearance hence I want to make sure I get them ready. 

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...