Have been working on these bad boys over last week. Fully based up and now working on their armour using Chainmail. Next step is to Badab Black and Devlan Mud wash their armour to create a darker rusted look. Once these 10 are done, I can focus all my energy into my Savage Orcs.
So I started working on a few concept models. Skin is a large part of the models so I had to ensure that the build up of colours was not laborious. So I tested using 2 methods.
- Knarloc Green to all skin
- Thick wash (i.e. undiluted with water) with Devlan Mud
- Knarloc Green on raised mucles
- (Missing from the above picture) Highlight with Goblin Green
The model on the left was painted using the following:
- Goblin Green to all skin
- Washed with Badab Black
- Washed with Devlan Mud
- Washed with Thraka Green
- Highlight using Goblin Green
So which do you guys like better? Let me know in the comments below!