Tuesday, February 21, 2012

WIP: Black Orcs and Savage Orcs!

Have been working on these bad boys over last week. Fully based up and now working on their armour using Chainmail. Next step is to Badab Black and Devlan Mud wash their armour to create a darker rusted look. Once these 10 are done, I can focus all my energy into my Savage Orcs. 

So I started working on a few concept models. Skin is a large part of the models so I had to ensure that the build up of colours was not laborious. So I tested using 2 methods.

The model in the picture above was painted using the following layers:

  1. Knarloc Green to all skin
  2. Thick wash (i.e. undiluted with water) with Devlan Mud
  3. Knarloc Green on raised mucles
  4. (Missing from the above picture) Highlight with Goblin Green


The model above on the right is a product of the process above except I have added one extra layer to bring it to Level 2. The final highlight of Goblin Green to all raised areas so the model look like they POP!

The model on the left was painted using the following:

  1. Goblin Green to all skin
  2. Washed with Badab Black
  3. Washed with Devlan Mud
  4. Washed with Thraka Green
  5. Highlight using Goblin Green
So which do you guys like better? Let me know in the comments below! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...