Friday, December 15, 2017

Dueller's Point Games Day 2017

A bunch of us at ABO attended a recent Games Day that was organized by Leon and Dueller's Point. This was a 1000 point friendly event that encouraged efficient lists but not too spammy. Considering I haven't played too much 40k 8th Edition till this point, I went with something I was a little more familiar with. 

Hive Fleet Leviathan
  • Hive Tyrant - wings, 2x Brainleech Devourers
  • Hive Tyrant - wings, 2x Brainleech Devourers
  • 3 Hive Guard with Impaler Canons
  • 3 Rippers
  • 23 Hormagants
  • 3 Tyranid Warriors
  • 10 Gargolyes
  • 10 Gargolyes
  • Carnifex with 2x Brainleech Devourers, Enchanced Senses, Spore Cysts
Game 1
I played against Renzus who brought a Chaos army with 2 units of Obliterators who were in reserve. However, having little experience playing the ITC ruleset, I was not aware that there was 2 Objectives, Primary and Secondary. While I was far ahead in the Primary, I lost the secondary. Eventually tying the game and we both walked away having a Draw in our record. 

Renzus vs Ray
Game 2
Next game was with a Nicholas I think. He brought some Ultramarines without Guilliman. I remember he brought and deployed a large part of the Scouts up front to deny me from Deep Striking but left a gap on the one edge my Tyrant can get in. Once it did, it was basically a mop up. The Hive Guard also did remarkably well, taking out a tank per turn. Unfortunately, he gave up at the end of Turn 2, conceding 20-0.

His Reivers were prime to do a charge but failed the roll

While the rest of my army play mop up.
Game 3
When the TO called out the next pair, I grinned. It was our very own Mark! He brought a massive army and it was a Horde vs Swarm. Going for Smite, I suspected that I needed to clear those Shamans out but he was in a massive ball surrounded by everything! 

Going for his back lines, I was hoping to use the Tyrants to punch a hole

You can hear the Waagh from here

While the rest of my army hunkers down
Mind is a bit hazy now but I do recall that I won the game by a small margin, something like 14 to 6.

I eventually placed Best Xenos General and got a $25 voucher for a fun day of gaming. All in, it was a great day! 

I had also actually won Best Painted (by votes) but you can't win two awards so it went to Alan's Vostroyans. 


Army Showcase
It was really nice to see people put effort into making their armies all nice and ready for the event. Here are some pictures!

Mark's Orks

There is so much character in this model

A scary sight

Tyranids were out enmass probably due to the codex releasing a week before the event

Very neat and clean

Considering it was completed the night before, that's pretty good effort

Our very own Ripperling, Jason completed this 

Alan and his Vostroyans

Renzus' Chaossss

Clean look 

Efficient color scheme here too

Superfriends list 

That's a big tank you have there! 

Everyone's favourite unit! 

Bloody Angels

Those are some nice clean blues

Airforce Elf

Airforce Ommmnoommmnboomm

And of course, my very own list
I really enjoyed the event. 1000 points is a really good sweet spot as games can finish within 2 hours. Most games resolve at roughly 1.5 hours. Leon made a fantastic effort of printing out the scenario and everyone, I mean 4 copies of each army list for each player. The player pack was probably one of the best I have ever experienced. The only gripe is the terrain but considering this is a relatively new store, I feel that given time, DP can be quite a good store. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...