Thursday, March 2, 2017

Painting those Marines

I mentioned this in the previous post prior to this, I love pushing out models in large numbers with the airbrush before hitting the details with a brush later. It allows me to get them to the base colours fast, plays nicer on the table and you can always work on them adinfinitum until you are pleased. 

I pre-highlight with a white over a black primer
Airbrushing happens in thin coats and red doesn't cover black too easily. I still chose to use black over white primer mainly because I love a darker shade. Kenny Boucher from Next Level Painting loves to paint red over brown so you could also give that a go.

Completed in under 1 hour
All in all, less than an hour. Airbrush really hastens the painting work and if you do them in bulk like this, you will show progress every time you hit your store! Haha! Enjoy the rest of the week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...