Finally, my High Elves broke their record losing streak! Played a fun filled match with Kenneth (3 times Golden Demon winner-just take a look at his army!), full of twists and turns! This was played at Kenny's place (Lurker on the PI forums-all are welcomed to go!) with 2000 points aside. It was HE vs Beastmen.
Highlights of the game were:
- Kenneth brought an amazing army. Beautifully painted minis and all well represented! He made my minis look bad in comparison. I am glad it has inspired Youcai to paint his elite units of Skaven. Kennth's army comprised a Chaos Giant, Shaggoth to lead, 3 beast herds (mixture of Bestigors and Ungors), 2 Shamans (1 who rolled the D6 Str 4, no armour save spell), 4 Minatours and 6 Centigors. Again, beautifully painted.
- I brought Dragon Mage, Spearmen, Archers, RBT's, Dragon Princes, Shadow Warriors, Lord on horse, Mage, White Lions, Great Eagles
- Kenneth started the game by moving full pelt forward and we were in melee by turn 2. My Lord fluffed his attacks against the Chaos Giant but remained in battle for 2 turns. In hindsight, putting White Lions and my Dragon Princes with Banner of Elyrion is very good. The DP were able to eventually kill the Giant owing to him falling down and a few lucky rolls.
- White Lions did very well taking out his drunk Centigors in the forest. My bad but Kenneth had forgotten that they were White Lions not Sword Masters. Overran into the herd who were meant to support his Giant.
- Dragon Mage's fail charge saw the Tuskgor Chariot run off the table in turn 2. Turning around, he supported my archers in causing a Beast Herd fear and promptly was destroyed when they fled into impassable terrain.
- RBT's did a great job by withering the Minatours causing them to panic. Owing to the Dragon Mage behind them and they having to flee away from the object that caused them to panic, they were destroyed!