Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Monday, January 30, 2012
Kept to the following formula:
Chainmail, Badab Black and Devlan Mud for all armour. Highlights in Mithril after I complete the 2500 points in preparation for the campaign in March 2012.
Used red as my accent colour. Started with Scab Red and then Badab Black. Seeking inspiration for the banner now
Saturday, January 28, 2012
Monday, January 23, 2012
Friday, January 20, 2012
Wednesday, January 18, 2012
Tuesday, January 17, 2012
Thursday, January 12, 2012
Got a Reaper Goblin Hoard too to represent objectives and treasure! Should be fun!
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
2011 although a turning tide of events for my life saw alot of things getting done. I got married. I moved into my new home (with my own hobby space yay!) And of course the highlight has to be the coming of my first baby. Not to forget the standard thing called work. However I managed to start on my Nuln Empire Army (which I shall complete as part of this years resolution). Started a Grey Knights army (who didn't anyway hah!). Started a massive Dark Eldar Army (once again irresistible models). Almost finish my Mechanized Imperial Guard. And finally taking the plunge into Flames of War. I must add that all the above mentioned armies that I have started are all fully assembled and at least 50% worked on. So no "theory" armies there. Everything is in the flesh.
Enough about the past. Let's see what I shall try to promise myself for hobby year 2012.
1. Paint up my Flames of War army and play some games.
2. Finish up my Nuln Empire Army. ( 40% left unpainted)
3. Finish up the very little 20% of Mechanized Imperial Guard Models. (Damn bulk of guardsmen!)
4. Finish up my Grey Knights Army. (60% left unpainted)
5. Paint up as much Dark Eldar as possible. (This is gonna be hard as I bought every model in the range with many multiples for gaming purposes as well gulp!)
6. Start work on an Ultramarines army.
7. Join at least one painting competition.
8. Greatly limit Hobby spending. I really have more than enough (really haha?) models to paint till I'm 65yrs old. But I should try to limit the amount I'm about to spend (with the baby it's gonna make it more necessary!) and concentrate on what I already have in hand rather than trying to make my hobby room look like a premium Games-Workshop Stockist.
Playing more games has always been a problem for me. Firstly I am not much of a gamer to begin with, and commitments to life always get in the way. With a baby on my hands its gonna only make things even harder. But I'll try to dedicate more time to gaming.
Here's to me achieving my targets for 2012! And hopefully all of you out there will have a fruitful hobby year as well! Back to the brushes!!
P.S would be nice to hear the hobby resolutions from the rest of you guys as well!
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
Monday, January 9, 2012
Friday, January 6, 2012
He will be commanding my Nuln army in our groups upcoming campaign and he can't wait to cast nasty tricks into all those metal and lead weapons!!!
Thursday, January 5, 2012
Tuesday, January 3, 2012
Models left to paint. 30 handgunners. 2 mortars. 1 cannon. 1 Helstrom battery. 1 helblaster. 1 steam tank. 2 engineers. And Balthasar gelt.